With the business world taking firm strides to move into the digital realm, traditional work collaborations change and are replaced by more sophisticated platforms. The current market space has a plethora of these platforms that offer a diverse range of features and products. Out of the many, ClickUp, Asana, and Monday are the three shining stars. But which is better?
The collaboration platform of Monday outshines Asana and ClickUp given its user-friendliness and simplicity by providing many templates and custom workflow creation. Monday also exhibits some unique features that are not found in the other two such as resource management, budgeting, and customer management.
If you are to pick between the three, we are sure that you will need more information with in-depth investigations of each system and weigh the pros and cons of each platform. Not to worry, this article has got it all covered by opting for a deep dive into what makes one system greater than the other.
ClickUp vs Asana vs Monday
It may be hard to pick the right software when there are candidates that all rank as great platforms for the job! To help you see which one may suit you better we have compared some of the main technical features of each of the three; Asana, Monday, and ClickUp.
Below is a table outlining the key specializations of all three platforms for the technical buff of your company;
|Mobile app (iOS only)
|Mobile app, Alexa, Google home
|Offered for students attending a college or university in the USA
|Offered for university students who are doing a degree in the USA
|Not specified; academic discount offered
|Users entitled for the free plan
|Access to batch permissions
|Resource management feature
|Third-party add on
ClickUp vs Monday: Which Is better?
The main difference between the two management platforms is their features and user-friendliness. Think of ClickUp as a new sports car that you are learning to drive which is much faster, but the slightest error in managing the speed and brakes can be fatal. Monday, on the other hand, is a car with slightly less pace, but provides a smooth drive!
ClickUp has many features embedded inside the platform that enables you to control the platform and heavily customize it to get exactly what you want. While Monday doesn’t do that, it gives a very easy-to-use experience making it usable to both the tech expert and the newbie.
Here’s a list of the full differences between the two platforms.
|Easy to learn The features used on Monday are very intuitive and don’t need a high technological skill
|Hard to learn The features and the interface are not intuitive and the user must spend a considerable amount of time learning how the platform works
|Fewer features Monday offers a limited number of features but doesn’t limit them in the paid versions
|More features ClickUp has a plethora of features which makes it interesting, but the features can only be used up to 100 times in the free version
|Good customer support Monday offers the only voice-based customer support feature when compared with ClickUp and Asana
|Great customer support ClickUp enjoys one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry with support for both free and premium subscriptions
|Good integration Monday offers more than 50 integration applications including Microsoft teams and excel. The integration categories are also broken down separately to be easier to use and understand
|Great integration More than 300 software can be integrated with ClickUp including Dropbox and Ever Hour. However, the categories are not broken down like Monday
|Monday doesn’t offer a live chat feature and in-app recording
|ClickUp has both features including live chat and in-app recording
Monday vs Asana: Which Is better?
The key difference between Monday and Asana stems from the fact that Asana is designed to cater to medium and small-scale businesses. Monday, on the other hand, can be used by any level of business given its versatility and reputation. Both platforms share similarities in terms of the workflow management system.
The other key difference is that although Asana is cheaper, it offers fewer features than Monday which doesn’t make it fit for businesses with complicated programs and tasks.
The key differences between these platforms are included below;
|Great security The platform is renowned for its state-of-the-art security features which are carried while collaborating with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Monday also has compiled with ISO 27001 and ISO 27018
|Good securityAsana keeps all its data in the cloud, which is heavily secured The other key feature of this platform is that it doesn’t give any permission to third party software to make changes
|Fewer users on the free product Only 2 people can be added to Monday’s free version which is starting to be a major fallback for the company
|More users on the free productAsana’s free version can add up to 15 people, making the platform more accessible to potential clients
|Great communication with clients As said before, Monday offers a good customer service experience with the platform also offers many free tutorials
|Very poor communication with clients Asana has the poorest customer satisfaction when compared with Monday and ClickUp.The platform doesn’t offer any real-time chat function or voice functions except for billing, making the only way to reach them is through filling out an online form.
|Great user interface The platform offers a visually pleasing user interface where a user can easily understand the workflow and charts. Monday also uses more colors, graphics, and graphs
|Good user interfaceAsana’s user interface isn’t bad by any means. But it lacks some features that Monday has, making the user take time to be adapted to the working style
|500MB storage The free plan of Monday offers a storage space of 500MB, marking another weak point of the platform
|Unlimited storage The free version of Asana offers unlimited storage with each file getting up to 100MB of data
Key Features of Monday
Monday, formerly known as ‘Dapulse’, is arguably the most popular cloud-based platform that acts as a project management tool. The key feature of Monday is its user-friendliness. Unlike the other platforms of Asana and ClickUp, industry experts have hailed this platform as very easy to manage for all types of employees.
Other key features include;
- Flexibility – The flexibility of this platform is the second selling point to many users. The participants using this platform can customize the interface in any way they want, and they also can add specific features such as columns and blocks to the workflow, making the process more flexible.
- Clarity – The workflow charts and the weekly calendar are very clear, making the users know exactly what to expect in the coming days. The clarity also comes from its customizable graphs using widgets.
- Communication – Monday offers the highest quality of in-house communication and customer support. All email threads in the platform can be put into one central place, eliminating the possibility of missing key details. Monday also happens to be the only platform to provide customer support through voice calls.
- Integration – A user operating through this platform can add third-party plugins and sync the tasks with other platforms like Google and Slack. Having all platforms synced and working in one place with user-friendly layouts makes this platform easier to use than the others.
- Versatility – The platform is extremely versatile to do multiple tasks. Managers can use this platform to assign tasks, create a database, manage different work aspects including ad campaigns and track technical glitches too.
Alternatively, you can have look at this video to see how the general layout of Monday plays out;
Key Features of ClickUp
ClickUp is also a reputed platform in the management area that offers collaborations, task assignments, and general management services. This platform is known for its many features and complexity, quite the opposite of Monday.
While a user can get particular work done using the specialized number of tools the platform offers, the user interface and the workflow will also be very complicated to follow for an inexperienced user. Other key features the platform offers are;
- Accessibility – Unlike Monday, ClickUp can be accessed through modern tech devices such as Google Home and Alexa. This gives the platform an edge to a modern tech-savvy user who isn’t hesitant to learn a complex system for high returns
- Adaptability – Although a bit hard to understand, ClickUp is one of the most adaptable platforms in the current market. Users can select from 15 different views on this platform to suit their management style. These views include a mind map view, embed view, form view, and a traditional list view.
- Collaboration – The high number of unique features makes collaborating with other users very easy. Users can choose from up to 10 different features of collaboration including a unique built-in whiteboard view to brainstorm ideas.
- Real-time tracking and reporting – Managers can know each employee’s work progress by tracking the documents that they are working on. This also allows the management to provide crucial feedback and suggestions to employees working on time-critical documents.
Don’t forget to watch this video about the introduction to ClickUp which reveals how the platform works.
Key Features of Asana
Founded in 2008 and launched in 2012, Asana too is a cloud-based management platform designed for project management and collaborations. Asana is uniquely developed for medium and small-scale businesses and showcases an easy-to-use interface with diverse pricing options.
The key marketable feature of Asana is its user-friendliness. Building a workflow and assigning tasks for small and medium-scale businesses can be done with ease using this platform. Other key benefits include;
- Reliability – Asana uses a unique system where online platforms can centralize all email threads. Having all emails and assigned tasks in the cloud makes the system more reliable than the others.
- Real-time insights – The platform goes a bit further than others and provides real-time insights about the work of employees. Managers can not only track the work progress, but they also can see how the employees are performing with the use of analytics provided through the subscription.
- Universal reporting – Asana launched a new feature last year which can help users in their project reports. This is done through a built-in system that changes the project data into visually pleasing graphics, making it easier to understand. This feature also offers customized and live chat functions.
- Privacy controls – Like most platforms, Asana offers a high level of security and priority access which can be controlled by an administrator or a manager. Alternatively, managers also can use the embedded features to control sensitive tasks.
- Communication – Asana is available in 6 different languages including Japanese, making the platform universal. The platform also offers basic communication tasks such as proofing, commenting, and in-house chatting making it useful to small and medium scale businesses.
You also can get more insight from the users of Asana about its simplicity and user-friendliness by watching the video below;
All three platforms have the same layers of pricing structure with some deviations in prices. Features offered in each layer are more advanced than the other. Each of these platforms hasn’t provided a direct price for its enterprise feature.
We have compiled all options in the following table so you can choose the best option for you and your company
|Basic (billed annually)
|Standard (billed annually)
|Pro (billed annually)
|$8 per user
|$10 per user
|$16 per user
|Not given, contact customer support for a quote
|$5 per user
|$12 per user
|$19 per user
|Not given, contact the sales team for a quote
|$10.99 per user
|$24.99 per user
|Not given, contact the sales team for a quote
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use the free version of Asana forever?
Yes, Asana’s free version has no limitation in terms of time. If your business is a small one with less than 15 users, there is no need to buy a premium version. However, you may not be able to receive some of the premium features.
- What is the easiest project management platform to work with?
Monday undoubtedly is the most user-friendly and versatile platform out of the three. People with none to little computer literacy too can learn to use this platform quickly given its colorful graphics and easy-to-use layout.
Learn More about Project Management Software
Asana is a user-friendly project management tool. Its free edition is good enough for most small enterprises and startups. Asana has garnered significant popularity due to its ease of use
Nowadays, there are a lot of productivity apps and software that helps us in organizing our task so that we can work smartly and make our lives more productive. If
Many organizations have projects that change from basic individual tasks to complex projects, including different segments, teams, and budget plans. Following all parts of a task can be overpowering, which
In this article, we have summarized all you need to know about three platforms that you can make use of to ease your workflow and collaborate efficiently with your teammates. We personally recommend Monday as the best option with ClickUp and Asana not falling far behind. Always make sure to weigh all possibilities before committing to a platform. Good luck!